Pricedex Software is a growing Canadian software technology company, a leader in the global automotive and commercial vehicle aftermarkets. We develop and provide Product Information Management (PIM) software on Microsoft platforms to the industry to manage all aspects of its product, part and pricing management processes; as well as its part cataloguing and publishing processes.
Our technical services team is seeking an experienced IT Support person to join our team at our corporate headquarters in Brockville, Ontario.
The Position (IT Support)
The role of the IT and Office Systems Support position is to provide technical support for the day-to-day business information systems, having the responsibility of managing and servicing desktops, peripherals, servers, networks, operating system software, software and hardware installations and updates. Additional duties include the monitoring and maintenance of office mechanical, telephone, alarm systems, and certain other physical plant.
- Administration and desktop support of MS-Office and other Microsoft-based applications.
- Front-line internal office support for technical issues related to desktops and peripherals.
- Apply OS patches and software upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Monitoring desktop, server, and network system performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure.
- Maintain and update system asset inventory records, perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Manage Virtual Machine environments and solutions.
- Manage and document work performed using internal ticketing system
- Develop, document and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Documentation of IT infrastructure.
- Additional responsibility for support and maintenance of telephone, handheld devices, voice mail, alarm systems, and certain other physical plant.
- Monitoring and organizing maintenance and service of office/plant mechanical systems.
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent, preferably in Information Technology or similar field; 3 years of experience in a PC/local area network support environment (PCs, laptops, printers, mobile and peripheral hardware devices) with a demonstrated background in Administration including design, transition, and operations/support of IT services.
Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to solve IT-related problems. The ability to juggle competing priorities, and work independently is important. Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills are essential.
Ideal candidate will also possess mechanical aptitude for monitoring and assessing plant mechanical systems, and performing minor maintenance to network wiring, and lighting systems, and other miscellaneous work. Ideal candidate will also have strength in task management, prioritization, time management, and the personal taking of initiative with known and discovered issues.
- Good verbal and written English language skills.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Canadian passport.
- Must be willing to locate within a close radius of, and work from headquarters in Brockville, Ontario.
Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, etc.
This is an important and challenging position, but it also offers a continuingly interesting and potentially self-satisfying and enjoyable diversity of work requirements and patterns.
If you think this is the right fit for you, and you are seeking a progressive, long-term career opportunity in a charming Riverfront, family-friendly and safe community along the 401 Corridor, under an hour from our Nation’s Capital, send your resume, along with a personal cover-note indicating your availability and salary expectations to:
Pricedex Software Inc.
Box 458, 1864 Highway 2 E.
Brockville, Ontario K6V 5V6