Pricedex Software is a growing Canadian software technology company, a leader in the global automotive and commercial vehicle aftermarkets. We develop and provide Product Information Management (PIM) software on Microsoft platforms to the industry to manage all aspects of its product, part and pricing management processes; as well as its part cataloguing and publishing processes.
We are immediately seeking the services of Junior Software Developers to join our team at our corporate headquarters. Location: Brockville, Ontario.
The Position (Junior Developer)
As a Junior Software Developer, your primary responsibilities are to learn our software code base and work on bug fixes. You will participate in paired and team-based programming with mid-level and senior developers. As you gain experience and build up your programming skills, you will start to take on larger projects and you will assist in the development, implementation and management of the Pricedex suite of products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Manager of Technical Operations, the main responsibilities of these positions will include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Collaborating with other developers, customer support, and managers to create applications.
- Conduct root cause analysis and troubleshooting software application issues.
- Complex Client/Server Web Application prototyping, design and development
- Preparation and Creation of Technical Specifications and Design Documentation
- Development of data interfaces to back-end systems
- Development of data exports, reports, and published catalogues
- Unit Testing to meet design specifications
You have –
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Educated or practical experience in SQL
- Ability to work as a team member within a diverse team environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire and ability to learn the industry subject matter and relate it to the customer needs
You Are –
- Internet-savvy, with solid understanding and ability to do online research
- Proficient with MS-Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and Outlook
- Personable, mature, and can demonstrate initiative, integrity and discretion with autonomy and good judgement
- Energized and inspired by an interestingly diverse range of daily work tasks.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Canadian passport
- Must be willing to locate within a close radius of, and work from, headquarters in Brockville, Ontario Canada
Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience. Benefit Program
If you think this is the right fit for you, apply by writing an email to email@example.com, and enclosing a cover note and a resume, or faxing, by August 31, 2019 to:
Pricedex Software Inc.
1864 Highway 2 East
Brockville, Ontario K6V 5V6