As a Developer, your primary responsibilities are to learn our software code base, researching, designing, implementing and assist in managing the Pricedex suite of products.
Pricedex Software is a growing Canadian software technology company, a leader in the global automotive, commercial vehicle and industrial equipment aftermarkets. We develop and provide Product Information Management (PIM) software solutions to the industry to manage all aspects of its product, part and pricing management, and cataloguing and publishing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager of Technical Operations, the main responsibilities of this position will include but not be limited to the following:
Collaborating with other developers, customer support, and managers to create and support applications
- Collaborating with other developers, customer support, and managers to create and support applications
- Leading and mentoring other developers
- Conduct root cause analysis and troubleshooting software application issues.
- Complex Client/Server Web Application prototyping, design, and development
- Preparation and creation of Technical Specifications, Development Procedures, and Design Documentation
- Design and development of data interfaces to back-end systems
- Design and development of data exports, reports, and published catalogues
- Provide SQL administration
- Write and design advanced SQL queries
- Create and execute unit test and regression tests to meet design specifications
- Use version control systems
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experienced in SQL
- Experience with MVC model
- Strong technical and debugging skills
- Ability to present and communicate ideas well
- Knowledge of UI/UX Design, experience is an asset
- Ability to quickly grasp previously unfamiliar technologies (i.e. the Pricedex technology, Automotive Industry data standards)
- Desire and ability to learn the industry subject matter and relate it to the customer needs
- Ability to organize, prioritize and deliver work assignments to deadlines
- Ability to work within a diverse team environment
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Canadian passport
- Must be willing to locate within a close radius of, and work from headquarters in Brockville, Ontario Canada
Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, etc.
Location: Brockville, Ontario (40 minutes from Kingston, 1 hour from Ottawa, 90 minutes from West Island of Montreal)
If you think this is the right fit for you, and you are seeking a progressive, long-term career opportunity, send your resume, along with a personal cover-note indicating your availability and salary expectations to:
Pricedex Software Inc.
Box 458, 1864 Highway 2 E.