IT Systems Administrator
The role of the Systems Administrator is to provide technical support for the day-to-day business information systems, having the responsibility for provisioning, managing, and maintaining corporate systems hardware, software and related infrastructure; including servers, networks, operating system software, storage devices, desktops and peripherals.
Additional duties include the monitoring and maintenance of office mechanical, telephone, alarm systems, and certain other physical plant.
Pricedex Software is a growing Canadian software technology company, a leader in the global automotive, commercial vehicle and industrial equipment aftermarkets. We develop and provide Product Information Management (PIM) software solutions to the industry to manage all aspects of its product, part and pricing management, and cataloguing and publishing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager of Technical Operations, the main responsibilities of this position will include but not be limited to the following:
- Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system operating software, system applications, and software patches and upgrades.
- Ensuring the integrity and security of internal systems and data, and that systems and data is backed up regularly.
- Diagnosing and resolving server and desktop hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Monitoring desktop, server, and network system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
- Providing desktop, telephony, mobile and server setup and technical support when required.
- Updating and improving internal documentation related to systems and processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system.
- Providing and coordinating general facility support and maintenance, as required.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Post-secondary diploma, degree or experience equivalent, preferably in Information Technology, Systems Administration, or related field.
- >2 years work experience in an IT environment
- Proven ability to document IT environments, including IT assets, system configurations, and support/troubleshooting/maintenance processes and schedules.
- Ability to perform PC and Server maintenance and minor repair.
- Desirable qualities include experience in administration of the following technologies: Windows Server, Microsoft Active Director, Microsoft Exchange, MS SQL Server, Microsoft Hyper V, MS Azure, Microsoft Power Platform, Dynamics 365, Office 365.
- AD, DCHP, DNS, GPO, etc.); Server virtualization; NAS/SAN and other storage techniques, File servers and folder structures and permissions, and networking and security principles.
- The ideal candidate will also possess mechanical aptitude for monitoring and assessing office mechanical systems, and performing minor maintenance to network wiring, and lighting systems, and other miscellaneous work. Ideal candidate will also have strength in task management, prioritization, time management, and the personal taking of initiative with known and discovered issues.
- Ability to quickly grasp previously unfamiliar technologies (i.e. the Pricedex technology, Automotive Industry data standards)
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Canadian passport
- Must be willing to locate within a close radius of, and work from headquarters in Brockville, Ontario Canada
Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, etc.
Location: Brockville, Ontario (40 minutes from Kingston, 1 hour from Ottawa, 90 minutes from West Island of Montreal)
This is an important and challenging position, but it also offers a continuingly interesting and potentially self-satisfying and enjoyable diversity of work requirements and patterns.
If you think this is the right fit for you, and you are seeking a progressive, long-term career opportunity, send your resume, along with a personal cover-note indicating your availability and salary expectations to:
Pricedex Software Inc.
Box 458, 1864 Highway 2 E.