Aftermarket Product Data Analyst
- Do you know auto and truck service parts, or have an interest in new vehicle technology?
- Were you ever a mechanic or a counter person?
- Did you ever build, publish, or use Service Parts Catalogues?
- Are you proficient with a computer, and especially Microsoft Excel, and MS-Access?
- Do you have the ability to ‘see things’ in data that others don’t?
You may be just the right person for this fascinating job in the technology industry.
Pricedex Software is a growing Canadian software technology company, a leader in the global automotive, commercial vehicle and industrial equipment aftermarkets. We develop and provide Product Information Management (PIM) software solutions to the industry to manage all aspects of its product, part and pricing management, and cataloguing and publishing processes.
Our specialized services team is growing, and we are seeking a special individual to join our team in the role of Aftermarket Product Data Analyst at our corporate headquarters in Brockville, Ontario.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the main responsibilities of this position will include but not be limited to the following:
- Developing a strong working knowledge of various Industry Category classification systems, taxonomies and/or hierarchies, such as the Product Classification Database (PCdb) the Vehicle Maintenance Reporting System (VMRS), or GS1.
- Performing research on the web and through various other data to determine how a particular component or part should be classified
- Consulting with customers and industry specialists in respect to difficult, or arbitrary interpretation of a part to code
- Reviewing websites and paper/electronic catalogues to improve reliability of data decisions
- Reviewing customer data, usually provided in spreadsheets, to determine patterns in the data to help data correction, organization and cleansing efforts
- Documenting work, processes and decision-trees used in performing research work
- Using and querying other reference databases such as cross-references to make data determinations
- Post-Secondary diploma in a relevant discipline, Mechanical Trade certification, Industrial or automotive parts counter experience, or the equivalent in related work experience
- Strong ability/aptitude in building and using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Experience with creating, querying and using Microsoft Access databases
- Knowledge of Automotive and/or Commercial Vehicle service parts, or the servicing of industrial equipment
- Ability to quickly grasp previously unfamiliar technologies (i.e. the Pricedex technology, Automotive Industry data standards)
- Desire and ability to learn the industry subject matter and relate it to the customer needs
- Ability to organize, prioritize and deliver work assignments to deadlines
- Ability to work within a diverse team environment
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to work at Corporate Headquarters in Brockville, Ontario
Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, etc.
If you think this is the right fit for you, and you are seeking a progressive, long-term career opportunity, send your resume, along with a personal cover-note indicating your availability and salary expectations to:
Pricedex Software Inc.
Box 458, 1864 Highway 2 E.